We host and on occasions partner with Local, State Government or relevant organisations to present keynote speakers and experts.
We cover topics and services including:
Good Governance Professional Development Seminar – This seminar provides essential training for the boards and management of not for profit community organisations, covering board members legal duties, financial obligations and practice governance processes.
We recommend community organisations adopt an ongoing professional development program to sustain good governance for their organisations. This training provides an excellent foundation for a professional development program.
Seminars will be published when they become available. Can’t find a seminar you are looking for? Sign-up as a member (free) and tell us what topics you would like covered in our upcoming events.
Central Coast NSW, DCJ TEI funded, Annual NFP Good Governance Development DayDate: Wednesday 1st of April 2020 - Wednesday 1st of April 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmSmart Work Hub, 28 William Street Gosford NSW 2250As a manager, committee or board member of your Central Coast not-for-proﬁt organisation funded by the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), ongoing professional development in Governance and Financial Literacy provides a valuable foundation for your organisation. It’s important you’re fully aware of your legal and ﬁnancial responsibilities, as well as local sector development opportunities to further support you. This day has been designed to provide professional development to both new organisational members and those seeking to update their knowledge. Ideally, organisations will include this annual training in their organisations strategic plan for ongoing professional development. We recommend Managers along with 2 board or committee members attend this development day with two different board or committee members attending the following year. This essential training will help you better understand:
- The legal role of Committee Members as decision makers
- The difference between governance and management
- The importance of your organisation’s rules and legal purpose or objects
- The 4 main legal duties of Committee Members
- Other laws that you should be aware of as a Committee Member
- Potential liabilities and how to protect your organisation
- Learn which financial reports you should be receiving and how to interpret them
- Gain an understanding of the significance of cash flow to plan for sustainability
- Review budget and cost control
- Make sure you’re across key financial concepts critical for management decision making
Your not-for-profit must be funded by the Central Coast, NSW region, NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ).
Community Groups - Legal and Financial Duties - Quarterly SessionsDate: Monday 1st of July 2019 - Tuesday 30th of June 2020 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFollow the register link below to view dates and book for upcoming training courses on financial and legal duties for not-for-profit community groups. They are run every three months by Central Coast Council and Community Compass at different locations on the Central Coast.