Date: Wednesday 1st of April 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Smart Work Hub, 28 William Street Gosford NSW 2250
As a manager, committee or board member of your Central Coast not-for-proﬁt organisation funded by the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), ongoing professional development in Governance and Financial Literacy provides a valuable foundation for your organisation. It’s important you’re fully aware of your legal and ﬁnancial responsibilities, as well as local sector development opportunities to further support you.
This day has been designed to provide professional development to both new organisational members and those seeking to update their knowledge. Ideally, organisations will include this annual training in their organisations strategic plan for ongoing professional development. We recommend Managers along with 2 board or committee members attend this development day with two different board or committee members attending the following year.
This essential training will help you better understand:
Presenters & facilitators:
- The legal role of Committee Members as decision makers
- The difference between governance and management
- The importance of your organisation’s rules and legal purpose or objects
- The 4 main legal duties of Committee Members
- Other laws that you should be aware of as a Committee Member
- Potential liabilities and how to protect your organisation
- Learn which financial reports you should be receiving and how to interpret them
- Gain an understanding of the significance of cash flow to plan for sustainability
- Review budget and cost control
- Make sure you’re across key financial concepts critical for management decision making
This event is a collaboration facilitated by Community Compass and other local agencies. Topics at this event will be presented by industry specialists, including a Not-For-Profit lawyer.
Your not-for-profit must be funded by the Central Coast, NSW region, NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ).